WWI 0.00% 1.3¢ west wits mining limited

hi oldmate, from what I've been reading and listening to I...

1. 89 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    hi oldmate, from what I've been reading and listening to I think the Basel III framework will be bullish for physical gold.
    And WWI have plenty.
    Apparently central banks brought more gold in 2018 (when Basel III was first being formed) than any year since 1971 (Bretton woods, the USA terminated convertibility of the usd to gold).
    If you read up about why that happened it's because the Fed had printed to much cash and the people new it was worth less than the gold they had(sound familiar???)so the government made it illegal to own gold.

I think what we may see play out is a battle to take the place as the worlds reserve currency. I think America will do all they can to stay on top.

I don't think that gold will be the only thing that backs the worlds currencies(there's not enough physical), but it would appear that it is going to play a large part again.
    Many countries want to get away from reliance on the US dollar.

Good luck trying to purchase actual physical gold- I think that will get much harder to come by.
    The banks grabbed hundreds of tons of it since 2010.
    around the globe there haven't really been to many SIGNIFICANT discoveries and no large increase in production as it gets to expensive to mine the scarcer it is.
    So maybe the banks really did know something retail investors didn't all along.

I'm not sure how the paper gold trade is going to go- I'm currently researching that, as to how or if it will end or direction that it could take.

Some have even mentioned that gold may play apart in wiping debt by revaluation of the physical gold.
    It would be no use for banks to buy and hold thousands in physical gold, that is now a tier 1 no risk asset, if it was to simply devalue.
    I think that's the whole point anyway. Time will tell....

So, I expect to see some games with the price as large banks have been known to do what they can to suppress precious metals prices.

As for this stock, I am holding patiently. MR may drop next week, or it may come in seven weeks. does it matter? - up to the trader I guess.
    I believe management are being honest when they say they can't do much more at present - they proved there worth with the EA, and that was an eye opener to the difficulty of getting paper work signed in SA and during a pandemic.

I personally wouldn't see an issue with the company raising $8-9million etc if needed(we'd still be only 1.5billion SOI) as others have mentioned.
    though ideally I hope we scrape through and all the announcements start coming over the next couple months.
    That would be beautiful!

imo/dyor
    gltah.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WWI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $33.04M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.3¢ 1.4¢ 1.3¢ $881 65.08K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 5883765 1.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.4¢ 78982 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.39pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WWI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.