WWI 13.3% 1.7¢ west wits mining limited

THE 4 MILLION OUNCE BET, page-7596

1. 441 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 121
    Okie that's kind of like asking how long to build a house.
    It is dependant on so many variables.

Given the existing underground infrastructure in place and the fact there is no major surface infrastructure like a mill etc they should have been aiming for full production in the Shallows within 18 months.

Gold mining or pretty much all mining is governed by the cost of development and operation vs the price for the commodity. The longer the development takes the potential for higher costs and unknowns like Covid or a shortage of equipment etc, that's why the big race say in Iron Ore has been to build big as quick as possible. Those that waited are being slaughtered now by those that had done the investment and rapid increase in development to allow higher volumes. So they make more off higher commodity prices but also gain more of lower development costs in the future.

This is the problem I have with WWI that seems to be lost. Everyday the development costs rise and we simply don't know what could come in the future to make them even more expensive regardless of any change in gold price. The slow build up and time spent mucking around in the old shallows is such a big IF. There is no guarantees on what's there compared to a very in-depth understanding of the Qala Shallows. It is a huge IF and in my opinion should be left until after the ore is coming up from the shallows.

The play is being dressed up as this opportunity to get some early gold, but in reality it's a distraction that only benefits the BOD and will keep our SP subdued. If you are all happy to wait whilst they play mine, that's completely your own prerogative.

Just have a look at the difference in SP of Gold Road or Calidus one in production one about to be in production. Pretty similar mine set ups with the difference of about 9 months in development timeframes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WWI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.7¢
Change
0.002(13.3%)
Mkt cap ! $43.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.7¢ 1.5¢ $45.00K 2.823M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 250000 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 1561158 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WWI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.