the 4 most influential people in your life

1. 6,057 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 89
    Who are the 4 most influential people in your trading/investing life?

Out of all the commentators that I have read for the past 20 yrs,I have narrowed my reading down to 4 people.

My 4 have navigated me thru the worst financial crisis in 90 years and hopefully will get me thru whats coming.

I read probably 20 reports a day,but these 4 are the ones I listen to most.

Marc Faber
    Mike Shedlock
    Ambrose Evans-Pritchard
    Robert Mchugh

I overlay everything each person says and compare it to Mchugh's waves and it gives you a very useful road map to what's going to happen.

Occasionally they are early but these guys are very,very smart.

The one theme that they all share in common is that the markets are very high risk and extremely dangerous.

2010 is going to be a very volatile year.

My read of their thoughts are we should see a big sell off within days that will last a few weeks,it will be scary but it will lead to a decent rally into April before a much larger sell off.

I suspect it is to do with Greece and the other PIGS.

It will take a day or two for the reality to sink in that nothing has changed for these countries.They still owe all that money,their economies are cactus and they can't or wont take the necessary action required.

To the newbies who are thinking of margin lending in this environment,my humble advice is that you should avoid it like the plague.Margin lending is extremely dangerous at the best of times.

Money preservation is the name of the game.

Lets see how it plays out.

add your own list (Robbbbbs a given, but outside of HC who is worth reading & listening to?)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.