BRM 0.00% $2.53 brockman resources limited

I don't know about you guys, but I am feeling pretty good about...

1. 632 Posts.
    I don't know about you guys, but I am feeling pretty good about our management team all in all. The new Chairman comes with a fairly solid resume and he has a a good business manner about him. This appointment and more importantly his acceptance of the position speaks volumes about the future prospects of Brockman Resources.....

Brockman's Barry Cusack blasts tax plan

FORMER Rio Tinto Australia managing director and new chairman of Brockman Resources, Barry Cusack, has likened the government's proposed resource super-profits tax to a grenade rolling into the room.

His main concerns echoed comments by Rio chief executive Tom Albanese and BHP Billiton chief Marius Kloppers that clarity on the tax was crucial to stop offshore investors deserting the country.

"People overseas say 'I hear a new tax is being introduced, can you tell us about it?' and you say 'not really, we can only sort of outline it' and they say, 'that's a funny way to run a country'," Mr Cusack said.

Mr Cusack did not join Brockman staff at a protest in Perth against the tax on Wednesday that was attended by Andrew Forrest and Gina Rinehart, but said he had been in contact with government officials.

Brockman hopes to have clarity on the tax by the end of the year, when it hopes to start a bankable feasibility study on its key Marillana iron ore project in the Pilbara.

Speculation surfaced last month that Chinese steel giant Sinosteel had cooled on its preliminary offtake agreement with Brockman that could be worth more than $6 billion in the wake of the tax.

Mr Cusack yesterday reiterated the company's denial and said it was also in talks with other potential Asian investors for both offtake and equity.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.