the aboriginal problem in the west, page-140

1. 882 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    G'day GZ, sorry for taking so long to get back, the wife has told me I spend too long on the puter, and I have been a little distracted by what is being unearthed in the gold market, but have been thinking about your last post.

The nasho's would be great for all of our young (not just indigenious), maybe not compulsory, but mandatory if you want to claim centerlink support, even 6 months training away from home, and then say 2days or nights per week whilst claiming benefits, for those between the ages of say 18-25.

Each person could choose a path, you could choose military or enviromental services, once the 6 months is up then the 2 days a week would be required to keep being entitled to benefits, similar, I suppose to the work for dole scheme.

Indigenous youth could be taught how to be "keepers of the land" this program would be run by/in conjuction with the elders, and mandatory to keep getting centrelink benefits.

That is indeed a sad story of the 'lost tribe', lets hope that there is still another 'lost tribe' still lost, or that some of the elders taking family back to their ancestoral grounds, can get lost again, they dont really need us (whites) or our culture, but they have to see that for themselves.

Luatrec, did you read the whole thread, this is not a racist thread, there is a problem with Aboriginal youths in the west, before we can do anything to help the situation, we have to admit that there is a problem, there is also a problem in many other parts of the country with other youths as you said, alcohol and drugs are a universal problem, but there is also a cultural conflict that the indigeous youths have to face as well

Dignity and purpose, so right GZ

cheers grant

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.