I beg to differ on the view that 'all Australians are equal'.I...

1. 2,788 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    I beg to differ on the view that 'all Australians are equal'.
    I don't think there is any place on earth that has that as a successful policy. The communist countries failed trying that doctrine to the detriment of their people. Only people on subsistence living come close and that is only for survival as a group. The further we move away from subsistence, then the equality argument becomes less relevant. Our prosperity and comforts come from the strongest in the community/tribe.
    The Western pattern did not come about by equality, it came from the trickle down economy, the strong would lead and the weak would follow. Unfortunately our aboriginals have no leaders of any note and have very little left of their tribal/community structure. What leaders they have, have all moved over to the 'greed is good' culture and will eventually not be recognised as aboriginal but as Australian mainstream.
    Even leaders of only a few years ago are regularly dismissed as 'yesterdays people', so for the aboriginals to gather support is extremely difficult. Look at the problems the established churches are having regardless of there immense wealth. No, equality is a dream, not a reality.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.