You’ll need to complete a mortgage discharge or release form to...

1. 5,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35

You’ll need to complete a mortgage discharge or release form to release the mortgage over the property you have provided as security to your home loan. The bank holds the title to your property until the home loan is repaid in full. Once you have repaid your loan and the discharge process has been finalized, your lender’s mortgage is removed from the title of your property you can ask by phone for your bank or lender to give you all pertinent documentation.

I have done all that with instructions for the title to be picked up by me at the local branch. I then proceed to finalize the sale of the property with the conveyancing being done by myself.

Although my current home is fully paid, the title is still with the bank and the discharge of the mortgage is still undone, all that just for convenience. Firstly, I don't have to worried about having to keep the relevant documents in a secure place. Secondly, in the remote eventuality of wanting a loan all the mortgage paperwork is already done.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.