jimcrossRe your post which included;"You are trying to tell the...

1. 47,321 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    jimcross

Re your post which included;
    "You are trying to tell the PM of this great country how to use his leisure time, be it surf lifesaving or fighting bush-fires or living and interacting with our indigenous people to try and help their cause!
    You have no right Matey. ..."

Most Australians cherish 'a fair go' and after having had four years to prepare himself and his party for government I think Tony Abbott's already had a pretty fair go. Especially from a very compliant media, some posters on this forum and given what he metered out to others.

I note with interest how your words and tone are somewhat different to what posters on this forum demanded of Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard during the times they faced emergencies including the GFC, Victoria's bushfires and Queensland's floods.

In contrast to your views about Abbott, as an Australian I believe I have every right to expect that our PM will be on call 24/7/365! As far as I'm concerned in times of budget emergency and bushfire crisis PM Tony Abbott has NO right to personal leisure time at all.

Indeed, it would be pretty hypocritical if that was the case; especially given his expectation that bureaucrats and even his own staffers will do more without additional support or compensation:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-18/senior-abbott-staffers-furious-over-no-pay-rise/5030372

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.