PYC 0.00% 12.0¢ pyc therapeutics limited

the alternative omomyc

1. 1,516 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1899
    If I was perplexed by the IP around Omomyc beforehand, the Bioshares article did nothing to provide clarity. If anything it muddied the waters - the IP around the compound is under review! Is there a challenge to the patent lodged by Soucek - with research published by others before it was patented?

But wait there's a great deal more controversy raised by the article. The one thing that BioExec assured us in his brief reappearance, with no equivocation but absolutely guaranteed, believe-it-or-not but I'm staking my professional reputation that it ain't gonna happen, is that "there are no alternatives to Omomyc, and PYC is not going to develop a Myc inhibitor on their own".

Well blow me down but just one week after his comment, the Bioshares article stated that Phylogica was working on 'alternative compounds' with early assays showing that a number of compounds are 'effective as Omomyc'.

Did he know or was it an educated guess that news was afoot of an alternative to Omomyc? If we give BioExec his due based upon his own assessment about himself - "anyone can read my old posts, and see that everything that I said has turned out to be exactly as I said" - there is an easy explanation.

He did pointedly say that PYC would be incapable of developing a Myc inhibitor on their own. By extension it leaves open the possibility that PYC could develop a Myc inhibitor in collaboration with others.

"Curiouser and curiouser!" cried Alice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $559.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 12.5¢ 12.0¢ $185.3K 1.515M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 166662 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 39575 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.