SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

P87 is right, RealNames was shut down. As were A LOT of tech...

1. 6,615 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    P87 is right, RealNames was shut down. As were A LOT of tech brands bourn in the 90’s. From my understanding RealNames was a domain registry that would translate keywords typed into Microsoft’s Internet Explorer to allow people to register domain names without belonging to ‘.com’ or ‘.com.au’ etc. No idea how or why this was set up, but they did raise $130m and had a partnership with Microsoft. In the end RealNames depended on Microsoft who offered RealNames on Internet Explorer. It was shut down in early 2000’s because Microsoft redirected people through to their MSN search. I wouldn’t exactly call this a failure though, raised $130m, deal with Microsoft etc...

Easynet is pretty successful P87. A cloud based service they sold to Sky in the UK for $350+ million. Now they are owned by MDNX and are the biggest independent network hosting integrator in Europe.

TechCrunch is also a success. Again sold for a nice sum of around $25 million.

The most exciting thing from the current announcement is that Applabs are already in ADVANCED staged negotiations with several US based investment opportunities. Can't wait to see what these are.

Not one to try and predict SP, but this week should be good. Some more news flow with Home Open and we get our hands on the app this weekend!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.