the americans are the real terrorists, page-32

1. 1,166 Posts.
    Walt, thanks for the long string of cliches. No need for me to respond to them. They are their own response.
    Dave R. Thanks to you, too for the same string of cliches and for the added paranoia.
    Those who use words like "they" meaning all those people different to us (and the "us" is a very precarious notion, indeed) you know that's the "they" is a word of derision. "They" are scum, savages, murderers etc, etc because "they" are not like "us." Well, Walt and DaveR, "they" ARE just like "us." No different, no worse, just as likely to be bastards as nnot; just as like to be the next astronauts as not; just as likely to be the next inventors of machines and medicines to send the planet into a new spin, clear of cancer and war.
    And yes, Walt, to answer the only half-reasonable question you've asked. There are and there were some "good" politicians. Mandela is one of them, not because everything he's done has been utterly fantastic but because he has become (rightly or not) the symbol of peace and he is holding on to that, in my opinion, because of the things he has uttered about Bush and his little shrubs. Little minds that are likely to drive the world into total destruction, annihilation. There will be no loose crap then about "the price had to be paid!"
    If the US Presidents spent more time looking after their poor, if they had stopped their huge corporations from using the rest of the globe's population as a slave yard and if they had some sense of real civil rights and ethics -and don't jump up at me comparing them with those in countries with worse records, the argument is stupid- then perhaps we wouldn't have the Saddams or the Usamas or anyone else, for that matter to threaten us.
    And DaveR, no we are not being anti bloody USA! Your best friends are the ones who point out your bad habits, who tell you that there's snot running down your nose, and who tell you that they won't stick up for you when you're beating some innocent bastard to a pulp. Loving one part of a person doesn't mean you love all of them all of the time. It's quite right and proper to point their mistakes.
    Now, go back to bed you silly little-minded children and dream about peace!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.