APG 0.00% 0.2¢ austpac resources nl

the appeal, page-4

1. jwt
    3,769 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    An interesting snippet from the Qld Appeal Court guff that I didn't see ref to in Buddy's WA guff.

ie "The Court of Appeal does not hear entire cases. It only grants an appeal if the Appellant argues that a mistake in law was made at the original trial. It does not reconsider matters of fact or evidence."

I think this holds true to all appeals as I have said before but the last bit is interesting. For Astron to win or even to think about appealing, they must think they have found the judge made an error in law. The discovery of some fine print in the contract that said,eg ??nevertheless, Austpac Resources have the right to sell the WIM 150 lease anytime they bloody like? would make no difference; it's not a point of law, I think.

Perhaps it is this very point of law that maybe Astron thought would negate the existing contract and perhaps convinced apg and their lawyers.

The Qld Doc also noted that the judgement could be handed down the same day; but generally was expected within 6 months. Give another 6 months before Astron prepares their doc and sends to AZC; AZC prepares their doc and returns to Astron; parties file for a trial date and wait for that date; the trial takes place, and we wait for a result. Mmm, methinks Buddy was right; time for a good lie down and a strong cuppa. And by then the plant is up and running; a sniff of divvies is in the air; steel Co's that are still left are falling over themselves for a slice of pie; and ft's offer of a buyout has been rejected. (: jwt clearly feeling better

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.