NAB 0.61% $38.17 national australia bank limited

the aussie banks will become unstoppable

1. 342 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    mark my words the big 4 australian banks will come out of this financial crisis stronger than any of the banks around the world. One has to just look at CBA buying Bank West in times of crisis as evidence. In down times comes big opportunity and this is where you will see the big 4 banks become powers. My reasons are as follows:

1. Australia has one of the most highly regulated financial systems in the world
    2. Our banking sector is actually in a pretty good state, we are affected somewhat by the US crisis however the fundamentals of our banking system are extremely strong
    3. Our banks have very strong balance sheets and are well capitalised unlike our overseas mates.
    4. As stated above in down times comes opportunities and you are now seeing our banks take over second tier institutions such as Bank West, Suncorp etc and giving the big 4 greater market share.
    5. More interest rate cuts are sure to come in the future, the precendence has now been set by the banks and the government to not pass on full rate cuts in the future adding more to the bottom line of the banks.

Its obvious the Australia banks are going to be come Financial Institution weapons. Im in heavy into the banks however the writing is on the wall. Any thoughts?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NAB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$38.17
Change
0.230(0.61%)
Mkt cap ! $117.6B
Open High Low Value Volume
$38.17 $38.20 $37.92 $238.0M 6.249M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6000 $38.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$38.17 18084 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NAB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.