I was wondering if anything you read in HC gets back to muppet...

1. 15,094 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 92
    I was wondering if anything you read in HC gets back to muppet HQ. Surely there are some ideas in here worth considering. Always wondered how many political branch members on any side are out and about?

I watched America in Color the other night on the tele. The episode was about the 1950s I think. Anyway they had a 35 year plan to build the interstate freeway network. How many 35 year plans do we have? How long has it taken to duplicate the Pacific Highway after all the deaths through bus crashes in NSW.

I also watched them bulldoze farm land and build suburbs; we are falling into the same mistake. Population growth will kill the planet; environmentally and economically. Full blown capitalism is not the answer. You can only have so many beehives in any given area; Industries that value add is what is required; it doesn't matter WHO creates them - there IS a role for government, we can't leave everything to the private sector or sell off public assets.

What a debacle we are building in NSW with toll roads and light rail. Selling off of public assets is folly.

Baggery's Creek - prime land, so we build an airport when we have Darkes Forest south of Sydney; a sandstobe wasteland right on the coast with no flight path impact.

Politics is all about the party and nothing about the people..

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.