That is not the point and you do yourself a disservice using...

1. 17,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    That is not the point and you do yourself a disservice using ridiculous analogies of steam engines.
    And this
    ######
    "
    In 'theory' taxing robotics, automation and AI may be fine - but, in practice????
    wow ------ I would never say that something is impossible --- but, in this particular case --
    even attempting to tax this area would distort society massively (which of course, we have a history of all the way through)
    but, in this case ------- I think it's far closer to impossible than anything I have seen in the past.

IMO - taxing is doomed to fail --"
    ######

Say what "Taxing is doomed to fail"
    Complete nonsense. How do you think the country has grown and survived this far without tax. That is so much nonsense I just dont know where to start. Schools, Hospitals, Roads, Infrstructure, all payed for with tax.

We are in a different age right now, completely. We are talking about replacing people forever, not just transitioning to a higher tech job.
    Autonomous machines will be doing everything.
    How do you propose to keep the economy moving forward.

Charge the companies for how many people they replace. If we dont then the economy will fail completely.

How do you expect to fund all the people made unemployed if the companies dont pay for it.

If we dont charge them then a lot of these companies like mining companies will just be getting our resources for almost nothing.

Consider a mine with just half a dozen workers to service the machines where there use to be a thousand people driving the same machines that were just not autonomous.

In your world we just let corporations take all our resources and plunder our country, shift all their profit off shore and pay little tax. Oh hang on you think tax is "Doomed to fail" so correction to my last. Big corporations will pay NO TAX in your world.

So we will just have big miners taking all our resources, employing half a dozen people and paying NO TAX.

Dear god I have to stop now as Im in disbelief.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.