The Australian Economy is a House of Card, page-21

1. 17,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    derosie

I agree with what you are saying.
    Yes I have been a small business owner, in fact I had two businesses at the same time.
    Dont talk to me about taxes, I was audited brutally by the tax department.
    I am talking about big business here mostly.
    This whole thing about giving big business a tax break when we know they offshore our tax money and our resources and are implimenting fully autonomous operations is just a great way of killing off the economy.

I was glad to see this government gave small business a tax break but its time to give the workers a tax break as well.
    If this current lot of polies were doing the right thing they would go after these big corporations but all they do is talk and threaten and have a vid moment with some bs talks with corporate leaders. Like they did with the energy companies.

Its like what happened to manufacturing in this country. People just started buying Chinese made stuff and eventually manufacturing for the most part just disappeared in Australia and this latest excuse of a government does nothing.
    Not to mention if you buy cheap imports you will be buying them again soon. Especially tools. I cant say it strongly enough. If people keep buying cheap Chinese and foreign made goods then the overall economy will fall and the standard of living will fall.
    Now we have Amazon in Australia, I wonder how many retailers this will kill off?

In the end there is only one economy and that is the people. If the people get more money they will spend more and all companies will sell or provide more and we will all benefit. If you keep wages at record lows and the cost of all utilities keep rising then people cant spend and all companies will suffer except those that offshore their profits and our tax money and resources.

There is no grey area here. If people have more money they will spend more.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.