AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

The AVZ story

1. 1,141 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1353
    I recall in 2016, Ozblue on PLS created a lovely thread The rise and rise of PLS (google it if you want to read it) where many people shared their stories of how they first heard about the stock and why they are still holding. AVZ could be another special stock following in PLS footsteps. Share your AVZ story if keen, no obligation.

For me. Lots of ups and downs over 20 years in the market. The market gives great gains at times and it also can take your money away, sometimes very cruelly. I have been on the receiving end myself and definitely a few wallopings. Some losses took a few years to claw back...

When I started worked I started investing, parents always taught me the value of money. I learned about the markets and read the stories of others and built up knowledge over the years. Fascinating stuff of how people made fortunes. Value investors, Buffet, Graham, Market Wizards, Darvas, who would made fortunes between dance performances. Loeb who said investment was a Battle to survive. So true at times. Douglas in the zone. These were like heroes for me. Something to strive for.

HC has also been a great place to learn and share stock ideas over 5 years. Usually as a think tank and glad we have moderators and good experienced posters to keep it from being a shark tank at times. Not everyone plays nice unfortunately. Many of us are not full-time traders and its good that we can make money in the market and help each other in the process. Some very smart cookies still remain on HC, not everyone’s on twitter right. I like being part of stock threads, just a regular fan in the stands, supporting the companies I buy. Prefer to invest and hold rather than trade. Lack of time to do the later successfully.

Growing the bank balance through investing, a way of saving up for property and I have done that over the years. Back then $1k gains I would be very happy with and think geez that was a lot of money. All those years of $5-10k gains I remember I would be feeling so very happy with myself, for a few days.

Fast forward to 2017 a whirlwind lithium boom in place that gets stronger day by day. So glad to be here. Focus on the best people, best prospects = best gains. Easy formula. That’s my theory.

Enter AVZ. Bought small amounts in Feb, but only really caught my eye end July with the first 200m drill result. Since then its been nothing but up up and away. The AVZ mix of people/project seems quite a unique and special combination and IMO will only get more valuable with time. Yesterday’s paper gain was a years pay. Best to keep calm, sit tight, and stay humble, 20 years taught me a lot and success in anything in life is rarely an overnight venture. Usually it comes from hours and hours of hard work and careful planning. I am the meat in the sandwich nowadays looking after young and old in the family. When I was young we weren’t wealthy by any means. I can tell you we didn’t have much but importantly we had each other and over the years that counted for a lot.

I also hope the people and economy in the region will prosper with development of such a large project. We can see examples of social good that has been done by many companies who have opened up previously. Much like our mining boom clearly benefited us here in Australia.
    I hope many of you have/will achieve your goals in the stockmarket, it can both a wonderful and risky place. Learn to ride the waves. All the best and invest well. Last of all GO AVZ!
    Last edited by Maxi II: 27/10/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.