HDR hardman resources limited

My 2c worth people:Banda is in 300 m of water and closer to the...

1. 247 Posts.
    My 2c worth people:

Banda is in 300 m of water and closer to the coast than Chinguetti. IMHO:-

1. It is the structure to the east of Chinguetti depicted in the geological section shown at the top right of their website. (The same cross section is available on the Fusion website.)

2. There is a DHI associated with the feature which improves the probability of success.

3. Being more proximal than Chinguetti, the sands could be better developed.

4. If the structure hosts an oil accumulation:
    4.1 Banda could be the hub, with Chinguetti as a useful tie-in.
    4.2 Banda could be brought onto production with an Early Production System (say an FPSO) to generate cashflow.
    4.3 Ultimately, it would make sense to lay a pipeline to the refinery in Nouakchoutt and develop an export terminal and other relevant infrastructure.

5. Though the target is shallower than in Chinguetti, the thickness of the section to be drilled is similar, so drilling times should be similar as well. ( A pleasing press release on October 1 perhaps?).

On the Chinguetti flow, I agree with the post that Sailorgirl quoted at the start of this thread. Flow rates, given good reservoir quality) are proportional to the square of the choke size; minus any reduction due to friction during flow. The more important aspect is the pressure drawdown across the perforations in the casing...and a horizontal well will certainly help to minimise the drawdown, increase the flow rate and control sand production.

HDR is on a big time winner!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.