HDR hardman resources limited

The Banda prospect could be worth $1.00 - $1.20 on, page-23

1. 356 Posts.
    For those non oilers like me interested in the so called "sand" and flowability problem of the last well, I checked on the question of formation permeability.
    Here is what I found:

"Permeability is the measure of the ease with which a formation permits a fluid of given viscosity to flow through it------"
    "The unit of permeability is the "darcy". This is a very large unit, so in practice the one thousandth part of a darcy is used.- the millidarcy (md)"
    "One darcy is that permeability which will allow the flow of 1 cubic centimetre per second of fluid of 1centipoise viscosity through a cross sectional area of 1 square cm under a pressure gradient of of 1 atmosphere per centimetre"
    "The range of permeabilities of producing formations is extremely wide- from less than 0.1 md to well over 13,000 millidarcies "(>13 darcies)
    "The lower limit for a commercial well depends on several factors: the thickness of the pay, whether oil or gas, viscosity, formation pressure, water saturation, the price of oil etc."

I hope some people find this of interest. Westmoon

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.