HDR hardman resources limited

For those non oilers like me interested in the so called "sand"...

1. 356 Posts.
    For those non oilers like me interested in the so called "sand" and flowability problem of the last well, I checked on the question of formation permeability.
    Here is what I found:

"Permeability is the measure of the ease with which a formation permits a fluid of given viscosity to flow through it------"
    "The unit of permeability is the "darcy". This is a very large unit, so in practice the one thousandth part of a darcy is used.- the millidarcy (md)"
    "One darcy is that permeability which will allow the flow of 1 cubic centimetre per second of fluid of 1centipoise viscosity through a cross sectional area of 1 square cm under a pressure gradient of of 1 atmosphere per centimetre"
    "The range of permeabilities of producing formations is extremely wide- from less than 0.1 md to well over 13,000 millidarcies "(>13 darcies)
    "The lower limit for a commercial well depends on several factors: the thickness of the pay, whether oil or gas, viscosity, formation pressure, water saturation, the price of oil etc."

I hope some people find this of interest. Westmoon

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.