PCE pinnacle vrb limited

the battery

1. 9,046 Posts.
    I bought some PCE recently out of interest in the UCG potential after following it for a while....but I just read a fascinating article that a colleague gave me on the VRB battery. It was from New Scientist magazine, 13 January, and the potential of the battery is staggering...

For instance. electric cars (using a more efficient vanadium solution now being researched at UNSW by the same chemical engineer that did the original work) could conceivably pull up to a solution station - and get a freshly charged tank full of vandium bromide solution.

It seems on a larger scale that VRB batteries increase efficiency of wind farms by as much as 300%. You'd think that it would also solve peak power situations in places like Perth....rather the utility begging to turn off air-conditioners.

Unfortunately I've really lost the plot when it comes to Pinnacle and the battery. Am I correct in that they've sold the rights to the Canadian company VRB Power Systems? Does Pinnacle get any royalties for the worldwide sales? I believe that Pinnacle acts directly as the agent for Australia...anywhere else? In the early days I had PCE and PMA thinking they'd both do well out of the battery but the gyrations and disappointments got a bit much and I ditched them for other things years ago. Looks like the time for the battery has arrived.....

VRB batteries could enable smaller nuclear reactors to be built for example...with less fuel and less waste disposal problem. Not to mention all those coal burners who could tone down with battery assistance...and the more efficient addition of wind and solar power augmentation. Anyway, great article about the research and the huge potential the battery has - just when it's needed....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PCE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.