DRO 6.77% $1.24 droneshield limited

the $2.72 price was just the peak and for a very short time....

1. 540 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 274
    the $2.72 price was just the peak and for a very short time. Given the amount of retail holders at that price I’m doubtful they would have had a successful book build if they went to the market then.

Further I think without shareholder approval we had to wait to the new FY to make a raise of 15% given the previous raise. They likely would have had to wait for the quarterly update anyway which they did.

$1.15 is still up 43% from the raise just 4 months. Sorry to those bleeding because they bought in on the hype - I held and didn’t sell much so I’ve seen a large swing myself - but the company is not fundamentally different to where we were 2 months back so people really should be thrilled to buy this so much cheaper than they were willing to buy it during the run up.

Price movements aside - defense is usually agnostic to a recession and more impacted by geopolitical tensions which are getting worse. I’ll keep adding more as we go down personally subject to any material updates:

Downsides:
    Ending of Russian aggression in Europe
    Easing of Chinese aggression/posturing around APAC
    Failure to convert pipeline into sales
    Cash burn in R&D with no material new products
    Increased staffing gives larger cash burn downsides
    SP will likely go sideways/down over the qtr without updates
    Smaller management team who’ve sold all available holdings and have a track history of significant dilutive raises
    Tech developments could render products obsolete

Upsides:
    Possibility for large sale announcements to swing significant upside
    Potentially hiring the best Engineers in Australia based on ability to reward with shares and work on cutting edge projects
    Macro story sells well - early stage of C-UAS knowledge and demand is rapidly increasing
    Long established as a specialized C-UAS company
    Strong government support both for sales and R&D
    Potential buyout down the track by large primes of tech proves to be Best-in-class
    Potential genuine use cases for AI and ML based innovation

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.24
Change
-0.090(6.77%)
Mkt cap ! $1.081B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.35 $1.35 $1.23 $14.95M 11.74M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 121301 $1.24

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.25 11934 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DRO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.