listening to the cricket on abc radio (774) and i simply cannot...

1. 6,296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    listening to the cricket on abc radio (774) and i simply cannot stand justin langer... probably the most biased commentator i've ever listened to, worse than eddie calling a pies match... so much worse...

langer's performance has inspired me to come up with my 5 most hated sporting commentators:

1. dennis cometti
    2. bruce macavaney
    3. justin langer
    4. kelly underwood
    5. luke darcy (stick to netball mate)
    6. that guy who calls the swimming (away now... hacket and thorp, thorp and hacket...)
    7. rex hunt

i can only really speak for afl/cricket, dont listen to enough fo any other sport to comment on the commentry...

fave commentators:

the guy who does the tour de france
    the guy who does the f1
    triple m footy team (brian taylor etc)
    roy + HG (rugby on triple j)
    shane warne
    nathan buckley

warney and bucks are good special comments because they actually know whats going on...

having named those last two, i think non-ex-professional-players often make better commentators, such as james brayshaw etc... there are probably hundreds more out there who dont get a gig because the media only want 'celeb' commentators...

id like to see some more light hearted commentry, like roy and HG calling the rugby on the j's... maybe get some comedians to call friday night afl games... i think this would go pretty well, before the game being the most popular sports show on tv because its light hearted, not so super serious...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.