EXR 0.00% 15.0¢ elixir energy limited

The Best Performer - EXR?, page-47

1. 1,887 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2456
    Thanks for posting that @Wonkers - it will be interesting to see how us small holders go against the various indexes.

For those interested if you had have placed $20,000 on this portfolio the value would have increased to $91,371.077. A 356.86% increase. Take a look at the list Wonkers prepared and you'll see it stacks up pretty well.

What I've done to the list is added in another column which assumes you purchased $1,000 of each one of these shares at the closing price from today. I'll separately track that and we'll see what the cumulative value of this portfolio is, and what the value is assuming a start from todays closing prices.

Out of interest, if the same percentage increase is achieved that original $20 grand would be worth $326,066 by this time next year. Lets see if lightning can strike twice.

The purpose of this exercise is to test advantages of small retail investors over institutions and professional market participants. The advantage for the small investor is that we can research micro caps very deeply and gain a solid understanding of the company, its objectives and how it performs against the metrics it sets for itself. We can invest at the riskier end of the ASX, and we can let our money ride without worrying about pesky clients panicking and wanting to withdraw funds. We can let small investments take up large percentages of our portfolio without having to rebalance. We have only our risk appetite to deal with and don't have to worry about rules and constraints. We own our risk like grown ups and do our own research.

The reason for picking 20 shares from a random group is to overcome individual biases. We all did well picking EXR - and most of the others on the list have performed well ahead of the market.

We may not have access to trading algorithms and machine trading - but let's see how we go at picking a portfolio.

At the end of each week I'll update the table and compare against the All Ords.

I'm hoping to see 10 bags from EXR by this time next year!!

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3315/3315774-77de124fe91835691f03f7fc3f2f890b.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $179.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.5¢ 15.8¢ 15.0¢ $464.2K 3.044M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 350583 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 220882 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EXR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.