the bible - no wonder 'we' swear on the bible, page-139

1. 2,843 Posts.
    That should state Jesus came for the lost and broken, not the prideful who thought in their own strength they knew everything.
    These types were labeled by Jeus as the prideful religious ones who were likened to a brood of vipers and hypocrites.

When i was a boy growing up i could not stand the church.Our neighbours took my older brother to sunday school and asked my parents would i like to go.When i got there all i wanted to do was be with my brother, but these sunday school teachers removed me immedaitely into some new younger group( i was about 3 at the time) with no compassion for me being new there and very young.
    My father in Europe also saw priests preaching the gospel and in the next breath sexually abusing young boys.
    These are the hypocrites Jesus was refering to as they give an impression that the "church " is full of hypocites.
    As in any club there are good people and bad people and the church is no exception.When i go to church i look to Jesus not human beings, as my purpose there is to worship God.Yes we can worship God everywheree and thats fine but Jesus also states that we muct be in His "house" the church and not to forsake the gathering of the brethran.
    This is simply to be recharged to go out and share(not bash down ones throat) the gospel.
    Cheers
    Rob
    Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.