Upvote Report Reply

1. 27,016 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Gal 3:23-25 - But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
    But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

----------------------------------------------------

I have been addressing those who claim that the Law covered in the OT is completely done away with when Christ had done his thing.
    I asked them which of the 10 commandments, for example, would be dispensed with, but have yet to get a response.

In your schoolmaster analogy, the point here I would suggest is that once no longer under a schoolmaster, the lessons learnt are still applicable. In the same way, the law is still applicable even if we don't need the schoolmaster to teach it to us.
    1. Is not the following suggesting, "its purpose" was carried out, completed, fulfilled?

Gal 3:23-25 - But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
      But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.