Blind faith? It's called clutching at straws & zbusc like many...

1. 13,749 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    Blind faith? It's called clutching at straws & zbusc like many other hotcop dreamers are as delusional as a high flying kite on an extremely windy day. I do offer my sympathy to him & his like minded cohorts.

I can now understand why the WA Govt & are allocating (see below &1.013 billion & that is for a pop of approx 4m)

The 2020-21 State Budget has allocated $1.013 billion to the Mental Health Commission to support services for all Western Australians, a 7.5 per cent increase from the last budget. This includes $46.9 million for suicide prevention programs and initiatives.

I hope the many brainwashed followers of any religion & the many Jesus Christ followers manage to access the TRUTH if not in this incarnation, at least in the next 10.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2010/apr/03/easter-pagan-symbolism

Easter is a pagan festival. If Easter isn't really about Jesus, then what is it about? Today, we see a secular culture celebrating the spring equinox, whilst religious culture celebrates the resurrection. However, early Christianity made a pragmatic acceptance of ancient pagan practises, most of which we enjoy today at Easter. The general symbolic story of the death of the son (sun) on a cross (the constellation of the Southern Cross) and his rebirth, overcoming the powers of darkness, was a well worn story in the ancient world. There were plenty of parallel, rival resurrected saviours too.
    The Sumerian goddess Inanna, or Ishtar, was hung naked on a stake, and was subsequently resurrected and ascended from the underworld. One of the oldest resurrection myths is Egyptian Horus. Born on 25 December, Horus and his damaged eye became symbols of life and rebirth. Mithras was born on what we now call Christmas day, and his followers celebrated the spring equinox. Even as late as the 4th century AD, the sol invictus, associated with Mithras, was the last great pagan cult the church had to overcome. Dionysus was a divine child, resurrected by his grandmother. Dionysus also brought his mum, Semele, back to life.

& here are some more truths about the absolute rubbish posted on this site by religious 'nutters' who may have access to $1.013 billion from the WA Govt & as I am a taxpayer it is certainly a forerunner to high taxes.

I can see the day coming when there will be a state mental health worker outside of every church session & as most are on a sunday I fear the double time scams will be in abundance.
    Having said that I notice many of these religious posts are on a sat or sun so perhaps the believers have no need to attend further sessions as they are suitably brain washed already.
    Incidentally how is Tom Cruise going?

Age of Reason

by Thomas Paine

Age of Reason, Part III, Section 4

I HAVE now, reader, gone through and examined all the passages which the four books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, quote from the Old Testament and call them prophecies of Jesus Christ. When I first sat down to this examination, I expected to find cause for some censure, but little did I expect to find them so utterly destitute of truth, and of all pretensions to it, as I have shown them to be.

The practice which the writers of those books employ is not more false than it is absurd. They state some trilling case of the person they call Jesus Christ, and then cut out a sentence from some passage of the Old Testament and call it a prophecy of that case. But when the words thus cut out are restored to the place they are taken from, and read with the words before and after them, they give the lie to the New Testament. A short instance or two of this will suffice for the whole.

They make Joseph to dream of an angel, who informs him that Herod is dead, and tells him to come with the child out of Egypt. They then cut out a sentence from the book of Hosea, "Out of Egypt have I called my Son," and apply it as a prophecy in that case.

The words "And called my Son out of Egypt," are in the Bible; — but what of that? They are only part of a passage, and not a whole passage, and stand immediately connected with other words, which show they refer to the children of Israel coming out of Egypt in the time of Pharaoh, and to the idolatry they committed afterwards.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.