ANZ 1.16% $29.71 anz group holdings limited

So let me get this right.. ANZ had to raise $3 billion because...

1. 10,437 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 142
    So let me get this right.. ANZ had to raise $3 billion because APRA required them to raise extra capital despite them making $7.2 billion profit and paying the least amount in dividends of all the banks for several years since their last capital raising? Why could they not just shifted some of their accumulated undistributed earning they had not paid out in dividends over several years to the capital account by issuing bonus shares perhaps instead of asking for more money like professional beggars do?
    I just find it puzzling that they claim to be making so.much profit but paying so little dividends because they worried about rainy days ahead for all these years before the rainy days will come and can blame APRA for needing to raising more capital. Just puzzling and we still don't know what the foray into China has cost the bank or is that being kept a secret because it might destabilise the banks if maybe they possibly lost $3 billion but they can't say. Just total.speculation on my part because I can speculate when they like keeping secrets about these poor decisions or maybe they don't know yet? All comments welcomed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ANZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$29.71
Change
-0.350(1.16%)
Mkt cap ! $89.40B
Open High Low Value Volume
$29.79 $29.80 $29.39 $157.3M 5.354M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9677 $29.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$29.73 22938 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ANZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.