@Marum"Economically, I am basically a Keynesian. I hate...

1. 5,197 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    @Marum

"Economically, I am basically a Keynesian. I hate Government intervention. I am in favour of a "Free Enterprise Capitalist Economy."

How is that possible? Are you on drugs?

"What Is Keynesian Economics?

The central tenet of this school of thought is that government intervention can stabilize the economyJust how important is money? Few would deny that it plays a key role in the economy.During the Great Depression of the 1930s, existing economic theory was unable either to explain the causes of the severe worldwide economic collapse or to provide an adequate public policy solution to jump-start production and employment. British economist John Maynard Keynes spearheaded a revolution in economic thinking that overturned the then-prevailing idea that free markets would automatically provide full employment—that is, that everyone who wanted a job would have one as long as workers were flexible in their wage demands (see box). The main plank of Keynes’s theory, which has come to bear his name, is the assertion that aggregate demand—measured as the sum of spending by households, businesses, and the government—is the most important driving force in an economy. Keynes further asserted that free markets have no self-balancing mechanisms that lead to full employment. Keynesian economists justify government intervention through public policies that aim to achieve full employment and price stability.

https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/2014/09/basics.htm

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.