SILVER 0.30% $15.25 silver futures

In round numbers, let's say a 1,000 troy oz bar is approximately...

1. 50 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    In round numbers, let's say a 1,000 troy oz bar is approximately 31 kgs
    Also in round numbers there are approximately 32 bars in 1 ton (metric)

The Perth Mint claims it has 60 tons which is approximately 1,920 bars. In the scheme of things this does not really seem like a lot of bars
    Perth Mint also refines about 350 tons per year roughly 30 tons per month so 960 bars per month

On recent days that I have checked, there were (at least) 36 x 1,000 oz bars available to convert to allocated on 27th March
    There are now 2 x 1,000 oz bars available to convert to allocated (31st March)
    I guess this means that in 5 days, at least 34 x 1,000 oz bars or approximately one ton have been converted to allocated and/or delivered to customers
    So in 5 days, roughly 3.5% of monthly production has been taken off market in 1,000 oz bars alone

Oh and I should also mention that (at least) 121 x 32 oz bars or approximately another 100kg were available to convert to allocated on 27/3 and all were converted on that day
    And I'm almost certain that a few hours ago I saw a further 100+ x 32 oz bars available, but I just checked again and there are now none. Maybe my eyes were deceiving me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SILVER (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.