SILVER 0.30% $15.25 silver futures

You may find this interesting. I have recently read reports...

1. 1,254 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 308
    You may find this interesting.

I have recently read reports where production of solar panels has been very difficult due to restraints in the available supply of Silver. I can't see the situation improving anytime soon.

Using the info provided on the World Debt Clock site, I recorded the amount of Silver shown as "Reserves" on 11th February 2021 as being 19,654,349,500 oz.
    Today as at the time of writing, the reserves on hand are 19,142,777,000 oz.
    So in 7 months reserves of Silver have reduced by around 510 million ounces and will reduce by around 1 billion ounces over 12 months.

I would expect that silver demand will increase over production even if more mines become active.  

Using a best guess methodology I think silver might become too valuable for industrial use in the next 15 years. Its rarity will mean whatever Silver is available will be hoarded and stored rather than consumed. A new version of solar panels will be developed to utilise  materials other than Silver. If you are familiar with the Lord of the Rings then Silver will become the real life version of Mithril,
    "Before Moria was abandoned by the Dwarves, while it was still being actively mined, mithril was worth ten times its weight in gold. After the Dwarves abandoned Moria and production of new Mithril stopped entirely, it became priceless."

I live in hope.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SILVER (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.