HST 0.00% 16.0¢ hastie group limited

Making Mustard you are smack on. Personally I think it has alot...

1. 89 Posts.
    Making Mustard you are smack on. Personally I think it has alot to do with some of the courses that are out there. Whilst there are good reputable trainers and educators there are also the ones that, for arguments sake, offer a 'Diploma'in Project Management in 4 days. Im all for upskilling but seriously - a DIPLOMA in 4 days! Maybe they could get a full degree in 10! These courses no doubt offer something but I would have thought at best they would be described as a certificate course.

Im sure there are heaps of people out there like me, that know exactly what I am talking about and have come across some pretty impressive resumes based on these sort of qualifications. These qualifications coupled with a slick self promoting personality mean that sometimes people with little real life experience from the school of hard knocks get into positions that exceed their capability. They then achieve absolutely nothing (except a better golf handicap) but wont move on because they are so thrilled to finally hit the gravy train. A few of this type and your office is doomed.

Sounds to me from what you say, Hastie had a culture of employing and promoting these puffed shirts and I too am horrified that they have picked themselves up and moved on to create the same havoc somewhere else. Often sadly their egos are such that they dont recognise their participation in the whole disaster and they are adept at shaking off the mud and moving up a rung.

As I have said this is only a personal opinion but give me the school of hard knocks anyday

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HST (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.