the block - a disaster

1. 177 Posts.
    What a beautiful episode of The Block.

I tuned in tonight to view the finale, and what a spectacle it was.

Prior to the auction, the contestants and Real Estate agents alike were awash with confidence, enthusiasm, and utter cockiness - holding high-hopes that their beloved property developments would sell for a king's ransom.

I watched the TV with utter joy as their houses were passed in - one after the other - all but one failing to meet the conservative reserve prices.

The contestants were left shell-shocked and had to be comforted by friends and family back-stage after their houses failed to sell. While some contestants were in hysterics and inconsolable, other contestants openly declared "this whole thing was an absolute waste of time". As the disheartened contestants had tears of disbelieve and disappointment streaming down their faces, I hate to say it, but I had tears of joy.

It was equally enjoyable to watch the TV show's hosts attempt to awkwardly conclude the series on such a negative note. The hosts looked genuinely surprised at the results, and I don't think they had rehearsed their closing delivery based on this shocking outcome.

And to top it off, this show was a ratings bonanza - attracting millions of viewers across Australia. This provided the masses with a sickening prime-time insight into the state of the country's property market.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.