SQ2 3.12% $98.36 block inc.

I thought I was late to the game when I purchased 10 bitcoin for...

1. 856 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 261
    I thought I was late to the game when I purchased 10 bitcoin for $1,000 about 9 years ago.

I squandered all but 1.69 of those in writing a trading bot - which I fully expected to do - and was almost ready to purchase some more to continue with my bot development, but then I lost it all because my wallet was in Mt Gox and they got "hacked" and all the coin was gone - at the time Mt Gox was the largest Bitcoin exchange.

Some bitcoin was recovered sometime later after being discovered by the appointed bankruptcy administrators, and as a registered creditor, I'll be getting a portion of that 1.69 bitcoin back - about 0.25 bitcoin last I checked. It's been a 7 year process so far - but it's now legally binding in the Japanese courts for the payout to creditors to go ahead - so I take some comfort in that.

Despite my negative experience, I still am a firm believer in the blockchain concept - and some chains are very efficient and well suited for audit and tracking which is where I see the future of blockchains - not a currency, but as an easily auditable record of proof of a transaction (not just financial transactions, but any type of transaction - such as proof of delivery, tracking products in the supply chain, food safety / recalls, et cetera).

I hope Block Inc does not ignore exploring blockchains for use other than a currency.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SQ2 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.