The blokes got a point, page-66

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    Well, TB, with your first hand experience, I certainly wont argue with you..... debate, maybe, but not argue. You know, I havent seen things getting better for Indigenous people overall. I can understand what you say about the younguns being scared but not caring about the consequences. It makes sense. The deaths in custody in WA seem to have stopped (to my knowledge), but the overall welfare of the indigenous doesnt seem to improve. The young need to have skills, jobs, and with that will come recovering self esteem. Only a few like Twiggy Forrest from FMG are doing anything to put the youth into the workforce. The ***mint (lol) is really doing stuff all. In the 60's and up to 1972, integration was taking place. Then came Whitlam , who offered big handouts. Knew a lot of long time employees here, who left their jobs for the extra benefits. One was a council truck driver for 15 years, and left his mates and his job for the increased benefits. He said he owed it to his family.
    And look where that got us.
    And with that, I'll shut up, lol.

Hey, thanks for the offer. I'll have to get a phone that I can Tweet on, but I'm not smart enough to have a Smart Phone. I'll give you a call if I look like making it. I'll have to get my wife a manual drivers licence so she can drive if I fall apart on the journey.

cheers
    GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.