XSO 0.55% 2,972.9 s&p/asx small ordinaries

I guess it's NEW PM DAY, so we can have a little political...

1. 1,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    I guess it's NEW PM DAY, so we can have a little political banter on your thread

I liked Abbott and I don't understand why people had a problem with him.

My son-in-law despises Abbott and it did cause a bit of uncomfortableness at our Father's Day lunch recently over the lemon tart, so I'm looking forward to smiles and Bro' shakes from him now.

Turnbull does has a charming smile and he looks good in a suit. I know that what men think of as superficial, can be really, really important prerequisites for women when voting for or engaging with the opposite sex. And of course, men aren't like that.

For instance, one Sunday morning and barely awake, I flung a moronic question at the woman next to me in bed, a newly acquired girlfriend at the time. Pisces knows her, and 64. Well, I asked her, 'If there was something she could change about me, what would it be'?

She has a degree and all that so she's more intelligent than me, and believing that women are more about the heart and what's inside, (not like men who just have a reputation for attraction to superficial stuff like bottoms and breasts) I thought she might say something like, 'I think you should drink a bit more wine and relax', or 'You work too hard. Do you want your feet rubbed?'

Nope, miss non superficial and intelligent, mature woman, superior to man in all things of the heart and meaningfulness said without even hesitating

'I wish you were an inch taller'.

I was quite sad about that. It wasn't only that I am actually taller than her and proved it with a biro on the door frame during the ongoing argument that followed. Nor that she additionally pointed out to me, as if it was legitimate justification, that the main reason she wanted me taller was so that she could wear heels when we went out. It wasn't even that her ex-husband, the highler-paid-than-me dentist, is in actual fact, one bloody inch taller.

It was the shock of dis-illusionment that women don't have the depth and wisdom that I thought they had. (Not like men). That her starry eyes and deep desire for me after our our first few dates, had nothing to do with my quick humour or worldy knowledge. It just boiled to an inch of bone.

Sorry about the round-about way of making my point but if it takes a charmer to get the votes from the women, then Mr Charisma we will have. Are you changing sides now PB?
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.