XSO 2.55% 2,909.5 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust - 2015, page-14020

1. 4,596 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 177
    Hi TM,

Yes the rebalance is in today's match for ASX listed miners, and overnight for the rest. Interesting thought re: Van Eck putting a squeeze on, but their funds are just mandated to follow the index. I don't really think it matters to them whether the price goes up or down, but I could be wrong.

To be honest I think gold is simply reacting to fundamentals. Yellen said herself in the speech that inflation has been persistently low and when quizzed about the future, she provide luke-warm responses...at best.

In terms of rate rises, she used the word "gradual about 50 times, but I don't see what is so gradual about 4 hikes in 12 months after 8 years of none. If there were any buds of inflation showing, there won't be for much longer. I would be staggered if there actually were 4 rises in the next 12 months, but can only play the ball in front of you.

I get why they've done it, but it's really a rock and a hard place decision. The writing was on the wall when Bernanke parachuted out.

Back to gold, I have no idea why it spiked yesterday. the initial reaction after a FOMC is often the wrong one. Perhaps it's big money trapping the momo crowd to liquidate into?
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.