XSO 0.14% 2,972.9 s&p/asx small ordinaries

Hi cha, You've done very well selling SPX at 2120! FT predicts...

1. rvm
    992 Posts.
    Hi cha,

You've done very well selling SPX at 2120! FT predicts that Gold is likely to have another rally due to rife usage of unconventional monetary policy. i.e. paper grows weak, gold gains value. No idea how far this is likely to continue as I mostly buy gold either as physical commodity or gold small miners long-term. For long-term, I think the best money is in buying smaller miners and hoping that they strike gold over the next few years. i.e. a bet not on gold price inflation, but a bet that companies will start actual production.

Stocks - JBH has long been a category out-performer and I like it.

Interest rates - At the moment swaps are expecting a 50% chance of rate raise in US in Sep 2017. US could be long way off from another raise due to their crazy markets and ridiculous amount of leverage.

Outlook - I don't expect a GFC in Australia. We don't gamble(not a lot) and we've fairly reasonable expectations when it comes to stocks, economy and everything and we certainly don't go crazy on leverage. If you look at Deutsch Bank, they have massive derivatives exposure. This is worse than exposure to housing imo. I think in the worst case, housing will fall flat, but I don't expect it to collapse as our population is aging and most of us probably leave the house to kids. I believe that the outlook for our country is very positive. I'm very bullish on Australia long-term. Obviously, I live here ha ha - so my view could be rose tinted
    Last edited by rvm: 11/08/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.