XSO 0.21% 3,172.0 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust - 2016, page-9513

1. 8,658 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 441
    AC.......I used to think like u...fiefdom and all that....until I came to realise some folks just won't work for much. Sit in front of TV all day, and won't put extra effort in for roof over their heads. So Governments right back to medievel times always gave perks to landlords to provide roofs over the heads of their populations and create social harmony. Trouble is now the risk to do so has been greatly reduced (stability of law, government, planning stability, no wars,conflict)...so the returns now should be greatly diminised...ie, the lower the risk, the lower the return. So, we still need some investor's in property to fulfil society needs....but in my view the  Local gov't/State goverment plannning, Tax policy is all out of whack. Times have changed on an old fashioned tax system. And planning is all done through bureaucracy using figures and charting, and not using real folks needs and aspirations.

Re tax.....30/100 years ago, a big part of a poulations income came from physical work. Straight from school to work. Now u need to study as a great deal of work and prosperity for a nation  is through knowledge. Yet no changes in tax system...no negative gearing on education expenses where in modern real life, ideals and advantages exist....but it is on property where risks have been reduced.  So a distortion. And I could go on.

cha.........love my landscaping as well. looking to incorparate an old timber slab hut into my garden to display some old farm machinary that i love restoring. I envy Anton Chigurh at times, as I would love to have the ability to sit through the figures of a company report, but the lure of an oily rag and the feel of an old spanner is too great for me to resist. Sometimes i toy with the idea of employing a part time analysts.

I suppose Anton, quality analyst's are rare as hen's teeth?

@speckledjim1.......hope the house wasn't too much of a loss. I got a few acres and wouldn't be anywhere else. BTW love Russell Coight............Aussie comedy doesn't get any better.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.