XSO 1.85% 2,925.7 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust-2019, page-5

1. 8,629 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 429
    BHP............

just a note on BHP. pulling up a daily chart over 12 months reveals a broad rangebound price action between around 32 to 34.5 dollars, with regular dips down to 31 over the last 3 months. so early Dec i took a bite at around 31 based on the TA of the chart looking as though another cycle up to $34 may ensue. also the fundalmentals were very favourable as early Dec the iron- ore price started rising again, but moreso than that BHP announced a special dividend payable early jan2019. so, that in mind i took the trade, at a lrger level than i normally would......probably cause there was not much else in the market, and partly cause of the large divi would support the price gain. And sure enough it worked as i sold around 34 for 10% gain in Dec.

multiply that out by 12 and you will see that one trade is the equivalent of a 120% annual gain. (well, not in real life). but it was a good gain, while all and sundry were calling fear and disaster in the S&P and other markets.

the very reason i went extra big, is now the very reason I sold. what will happen ex-divi?
    so for me and anyone else learning trading it is now a matter of just watching.

anyway, the point of this post is to highlight that it is possible to DYOR and find opportunities whilst all and sundry call the end of the world as far as disalloweds are concerned.

so, now with that successful trade behind me I am now looking at RMS to enter. Although being a GOLD stock, my main concern is if Trump/Xi pull off a great trade deal, gold could fall. So, to manage this, my position in RMS won't be as big as BHP.

just a not on BHP, some here suggest about using moving average crossovers as an entry. Yea, well that's fine, but you also need to see if the price is not up against resistance, which it is now, and you also need to be aware of the divi dates as that could throw a spanner in the works as far as trading is concerned.

hope someone, somewhere gets something out of this. Trading is harder than would first appear.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.