XSO 0.92% 2,977.1 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust-2019, page-51

1. 8,601 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 417
    gees, Thanky, that's a dinner party conversation, not a quick post, but i'll give it a go...........

depends on where you get the PE and sunsequent PEG ratios from. Is it a computer generated number, or a analysts that thinks like a computer and simply works out the Pe from the last financial report and simply calculates the forward growth based on some averaging of the previous years, projected forward.......OR, is it from a well respected analysts coverage of the latest companies operations.

PE and PEG are lagging indicators. Say, as an extreme example, a company announces a new contract/a new geographical market/ new product or whatever. Are you going to wait 3-6 months for the financials to come out, or, are you going to figure out where the company is likely to head now. The market will.

The other thing about PEG, is that different investors in different countries and time frames will have a greater or lessor enthusiasm (hype appeal) than others. an extreme example again, but go back 130 years and you will find railways and steelworks were the hyped stocks on world exchanges. Now, as we know, it's tech stocks. It's a hot sector, as opposed to steel works and railways, which excite no one now. You get the drift.

That's the beauty of technical analysis. It captures not only the fundalmental value of a company, but, for me, the markets enthusiasm for that stock, which changes over time. Thats' what pure fundalmental analyst don't get....the hype.

And we all know that many of these companies get pushed to extreme values before falling back to reality. That's why i mainly ignore P/E's and other indicators and just use charting.

(At least with the big companies, as they are well covered by the analysts and the market. It's my little micro-cap companies, like KOR, that require my time in analysis.

hope this reads well, as i'm not going back to edit.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.