XSO 0.01% 3,041.7 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust-2019, page-12

1. 8,586 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 407
    @VVX565 thanks for the question, will get to answer later, on TNE. (for now, in at c6.15 stop now at c6.21, so 1% gain less brokerage= some pocket money, worse comes to worse, so opinions don't matter, but will provide better answer later)

Just on BHP.

seems my analysis was OK. big fall today c4% after failing at resistance. and i guess i shouldn't say failing, as for BHP, this is just normal price action fo a very successful company. I think it's fair to say that these big behemoth companies take weeks/months to move into a new price range , and I would not look at it until it gets over 35/36 as a trade. i suspect, but i don't know, that a lot of traders were riding the price appreciation into dividend date, and are now bailing out as the fundalmentals of BHP haven't changed too much over the last few months.. But that's just an opinion, so who cares.
    but what's not an opinion is the method. I got out at resistance level with a 10% gain. the real challenge is to stick to your trading plan, as being up that much in a few weeks, the temptation could have been to hold out for even more....after all if i can make 10% in a few weeks, why not hold and make 20,30% and so on. it's a real life traders dilemna to stick to your plan. that's why i do the thingy of annnualising a short term trade, to put in in oersoective, and when i see fictitous gains ,(multiply that out by 12 and you will see that one trade is the equivalent of a 120% annual gain) , well, that helps in decision making.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.