XSO 0.32% 3,011.6 s&p/asx small ordinaries

Nice to hear that your analysis points to a much higher gold...

1. 637 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 281
    Nice to hear that your analysis points to a much higher gold target Tanotfa.

I have done some work using a pitchfork but in a different manner.

I believe we could be in one of those phases where gold gets to run hard and fast for some considerable time as it did from 2009 -2011. However, within that run there are and willl be some some decent % retracements along the way - it's in gold's nature ! You can see the pitchfork on my GLD chart for that run. Not surprisingly, it ended with the strongest phase or movement to extremes right at the conclusion, with confirmation being the break of the lower pitchfork line/trendline in late 2011. I can't say I truly anticipate the same with the current run, but it's something I will for sure keep a close eye on.

You can also see the pitchfork for the current run on my chart which was broken only for the 'liquidity' event in March. Another important observation I would make and it doesn't apply just to gold, is that once you experience a strong momentum run for a considerable amount of time, the break of the strong momentum will most likely conclude the run or at best, result in a lengthy consolidation period. So I am going to place a lot of importance on the lower pitchfork line to hold.

GLD with pitchfork.JPG

I also have a pitchfork for the chart of Gold in $A. I was able to draw a valid trendline since the April 2019 lows. Again, I am looking for the lower support line to hold. It's also those moves to the extremities that unsurprisingly lead to the largest retracements.

Gold in $A.JPG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.