XSO 0.19% 2,998.5 s&p/asx small ordinaries

Hi fellow trendsetters. Paddington, you encouraged me to post...

1. 1,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43

Hi fellow trendsetters.

Paddington, you encouraged me to post from time to time. My expertise is limited but my sentiment may be helpful for others. I'm pretty conservative these days. Far from the heady 2009 days when I risked my mortgage on various Blue chips and won and lost a fortune. Now as a semi retired grandpop, my capital sits equally in Super and income producing property. The only way I choose to interact with the stock market is through various fund options in my super. Ie Cash, balanced, growth etc. (I know...daring!)

For what it's worth, and as a guide to sentiment. My super has been parked in a balanced option for two years. Today, I've moved 50% of that to the slightly more risky 'growth fund". My reasoning being is as follows.

I won't suffer in the short term if I haven't picked a bottom as I don't need to draw on the fund for a few years.
    I don't see the effects of this virus as justifying this degree of press hysteria. ie ...I've seen it all before.
    To date, the charts haven't look toppy to me, although they looked ready for a correction of some sort.
    The VIX has spiked very high.
    A good chance of a V shape recovery if the news suddenly and mysteriously turns positive. A rapid recovery being difficult to take advantage of.

Thanks to Paddington and all for your generous input.

Bigg D.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.