XSO 1.75% 2,972.6 s&p/asx small ordinaries

Hi everyone,Am resurfacing after being MIA for awhile :)...

1. 503 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175
    Hi everyone,

Am resurfacing after being MIA for awhile @daveironore I saw that plunge in DXB but had already sold out of nearly everything on orders to reduce stress levels, sold all my goldies when SAR was around $6 and am sitting on 95% cash. My first thought was that DXB was a rerun of the MSB plunge a few weeks earlier and it would rebound, didn't happen but at least it has stabilised. I have to say that, IMO, that announcement was one of the most poorly worded that I have ever read, and the market reacted accordingly. I still believe in the company.

Although I haven't been participating, I have been keeping an eye on several things, the gold and silver prices and, in response to the discussion on the iron ore price a few weeks ago, have also been looking at the Baltic Dry. It may interest the BT to have a look at the graph and I have made a couple of notes on the chart.https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2503/2503628-e55f8b7c1f0f548424f5a8c1f817bee0.jpg

On another issue entirely, and I have to say that I am basically an optimist about the markets however I do have this caveat. I just cannot see how the upcoming US election can fail to influence global share markets, whatever the outcome is. Especially now that Trump is making comments about there not being a peaceful transition of power if he loses, and I believe there will be widespread protests. I won't say any more because I know that sentiment about Trump is extremely polarised on HC and I do not want to sidetrack this thread. My thoughts are to stay out of the market until after the Inauguration in late January 21. However, if gold and silver make another run I will reconsider. All the best, H

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.