XSO 1.75% 2,972.6 s&p/asx small ordinaries

I’ve been away down the Sth Coast, the countryside is so green,...

1. 503 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175
    I’ve been away down the Sth Coast, the countryside is so green, it’s just beautiful @daveironore I’ve been thinking about the results from the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine and my first thoughts were that it sounded more promising than the other two.
    • It was producing a response in antibodies as well as in T-cells, was able to be stored at regular 4deg temp (fridge) and was cheaper to produce.
    • It uses a virus vector, in this case an adenovirus (common cold) and at my first reading of the results ... particularly the different responses in the groups of volunteers ... I wasn’t particularly concerned. My understanding is that one problem with using a virus vector was that because a large section of the popn could already have ab's to the common cold that a response to the piggy-backing coronavirus could be muted. Or, that the body’s response to adenovirus would 'swamp' the response to the coronavirus, so that the thinking was that perhaps a better response would be gained by giving a lower dose of the vaccine first followed by a higher ‘booster' dose a bit later.
    • Then I read last night that the initial lower dose was an error! So now I am confused.
    • This is what happens when research is announced by press release and not the time-honoured tradition of peer review first then publication in reputable journals. However, I understand the political pressure being applied in the case of the coronavirus and COVID-19
    • Another positive from Oxford-Zeneca was that I gather that the vaccine was effective against one being INFECTED with the coronavirus and thus TRANSMISSION of the virus as well as the development of the severe disease COVID-19.
    • I wish health/news reporters in the MSM would learn to distinguish between the two outcomes, they persist in confusing the two.
    • I look forward to clarification on the vaccines over the coming days and weeks

On another topic, does anyone know much about Coronado Resources (CRN)?

thanks, h

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.