XSO 1.23% 2,964.9 s&p/asx small ordinaries

"On the reverse if they dont recover than having cash in the...

1. 1,599 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    "On the reverse if they dont recover than having cash in the bank may be no better than having their shares???"

with the housing market headlines of panic buying propping up sentiment for many for the moment, if/when that changes (for me it's when) with the awful rate of joblessness that is in front of us and all the rest of the problems, then that is going to put more stress on the banks with mortgage stress and defaults increasing.

one of my (first world) concerns is where to safely put money as the risk of banks using the bail-in laws is high. The change in laws about limits for using cash is a worry. Are they setting up infrastructure for the bail-ins?
    https://youtu.be/EZ4efmSDwz4?t=19

would like to repurchase property after the dust settles but don't want to wait till the market bottoms in housing, as goodness knows what will be going on by that stage. Until then, have mainly cash with a chunk in allocated bullion, and thinking of increasing this to reduce cash. Although there is also the possible scenario gold confiscation which was done not just many years ago but also fairly recently
    https://goldsilver.com/blog/gold-confiscation-history-myths-and-real-solutions/

my question to the brains trust is what are the options you see to preserve cash atm? Everywhere I look there seems to be serious risk. Erring towards increasing bullion until repurchase of land/property but what does the BT think?

Or has anyone got a financial planner that they would recommend who has a good handle on how to manage the current and future risks? Never used one since after an initial and expensive mistake which put me off them ...but perhaps never say never?! Thoughts? ...

and good luck everyone too, great to see so many stories of people pulling together out there

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.