XSO 1.75% 2,972.6 s&p/asx small ordinaries

Yes I would @@cha and am planning to as soon as its available,...

1. 503 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175

Yes I would @@cha and am planning to as soon as its available, which is likely to be the third tranch here in Oz for grandmas like me with existing health problems. I would prefer to have the Pfizer or the Novavax and I believe that's the plan anyway for those over 65 here in Australia. However, I would add that I would have it with my GP rather than the pharmacy-based option because if I have an anaphylactic reaction I would rather be in her surgery. I think the uptake in Australia will be very good if past vaccination campaigns are anything to go by. we have an enviable record of very high vaccination rates for our national immunisation programs. I was cheered to read that Facebook will be taking action and banning the anti-vaxxers from posting misinformation.

This is a quote from Prof Raina McIntyre from UNSW

We need a vaccine of at least 80–90% efficacy against infection and about 70% of the population vaccinated. Herd immunity cannot be achieved through natural infection. In the pre-vaccine era, no infection controlled itself through herd immunity –
    not smallpox, measles or any epidemic infection. They caused ongoing, massive epidemics, over and over, until vaccines were used.

Herd immunity occurs when enough of the population is immune to protect everyone, including unvaccinated people, from community transmission.

Herd immunity remains possible, given the promising early data on the mRNA vaccines, and if any country can achieve this, it is Australia.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.