XSO 1.75% 2,972.6 s&p/asx small ordinaries

It was almost a year ago that I first posted on the COVID-19...

1. 503 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175
    It was almost a year ago that I first posted on the COVID-19 epidemic and several months since I first posted on the vaccines being developed. I said it then and I say it again, that the only way we will escape an ongoing cycle of outbreaks of COVID-19 disease followed by lockdowns in Australia is to use a vaccine with a high enough efficacy rate to achieve herd immunity.~ at present, the best choice are the mRNA vaccines manufactured by Pfizer (approved by TGA) and Moderna (not approved by TGA). The nanoparticle vaccine being developed by Novavax is showing good levels of immune response in its Phase 3 trials. In trials in South Africa using the Novavax vaccine, it was found to be 95% effective against the original strain and 60% effective against the SA variant although I believe there are some better results appearing. Several countries have banned the use of AZ in people aged over 55, but here in Australia we go forward with AZ for everyone. Why are politicians (including those in the lowest risk categories) being given Pfizer?

In my opinion Australia made a mistake in focussing first on the vaccine being developed by UQ (later abandoned) and on the Oxford Astra Zeneca, our selection of vaccines was and remains too narrow. The distribution of vaccines in Australia is abysmally slow. I am in group 1B and have been given a date of mid-June for vaccination. Hopefully when CSL gears up to full production that date will be brought forward. CSL cannot produce vaccines based on mRNA technology because they don’t have the necessary infrastructure and equipment, CSL should be funded immediately in order to begin production of the best vaccines available. Perhaps some of $500 million earmarked for the Australian War Memorial extension could be rerouted to CSL? Or what about the $2 billion promised for bushfire relief of which Not.One.Cent. has been distributed?. Yeah, pigs might fly too.

I will end this rant by reiterating,

... theonlyway we will escape an ongoing cycle of outbreaks of COVID-19 disease followed by lockdowns in Australia is to use a vaccine with a high enough efficacy rate to achieve herd immunity.~ at present, the bestchoicesarethemRNAvaccines developed by Pfizer and Moderna.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.