XSO 0.62% 3,004.6 s&p/asx small ordinaries

Honeymoon - final days.Drawn towards its mystery and depth, I...

1. 1,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    Honeymoon - final days.

Drawn towards its mystery and depth, I walk up into the forest along a stream and through knee deep leaves, a real forest where a wolf waits for Little Red Riding Hood and the Witch licks her lips for Hansel and his sister in a glade somewhere.

This is a Transylvanian forest after dark. I go further in. It is deathly quiet. I can’t even hear any birds. Jo will think I’m mad for going in here after sunset. I peer through the gloom and see the face of what looks like a large Brown Bear. My primitive instincts to run are repressed and I back away, only to realize it’s just a tree trunk… with eyes and teeth.

Turning and heading back down towards the village, I see the gateway to my perceived safety. It is long past sun-down and the home fires in the village of Zalanpatak cast a smoky blue hue. I really want to take this picture back. I can’t really believe its beauty and I sink into the leaves up to my chest and the musky autumn smell completes the sensory fullness.

Placing the camera on my knees to steady it. Holding my breath, I gently touch the shutter button.

This is my memory.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3107/3107879-af019b68527e6e716f4b0e0eddae679d.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.